Professional Interpreting Enterprise is pleased to offer the Legal Interpreter Training Institute (LITI). The goal of this series is to provide a solid foundation of education that you can apply to your work and professional growth. Each session will require pre-reading preparation, active experiential activity and classroom instruction and discussion. The series will run 17 months with 9 in-person training weekends. Each session will begin at 6pm on Friday, offer a full 8 hour day on Saturday and conclude on Sunday at noon. 1.4 Professional Studies Legal Content CEUs at the extensive knowledge level earned per session.
Cohort Application Requirements:
- Interpreter experience verification
- Certified as a generalist for a minimum of 5 years prior to application and written documentation of training history.
- Deaf interpreters without certification must provide written history of training and experience.
- Recommendation letter from 1 legally certified interpreter and 1 Deaf person
- Essay summarizing your interest in legal interpreting, what you hope to gain from this series and your view on the benefits of working with Deaf interpreters in legal settings
- Must commit to full program to be eligible to participate as this is a cohort structured series
Limit – 26 participants
SC:L and CLIP-R Registration Requirements:
- Interpreter certification verification (SC:L or CLIP-R)
- Receive a 10% discount when your register for 4 or more sessions!
Cost of 2018-2019 Session:
$400.00 per weekend ($3,600.00 for all sessions)
$250.00 per weekend for LITI Alumni. (Application not required. May register for individual sessions.)
Included with Registration:
Breakfast included Saturday and Sunday. Lunch provided on Saturday and light refreshments included daily. Dinner is on your own.
Course materials and two texts included in the cost of registration.
Please contact email@example.com for refund and cancellation policy or view application for details.
Accommodation Requests must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 15, 2017.